Team Information Head Coach: Robyn Freedman-Schnapp Assistant Coach: Michael Fitts, Zack Orchant Managers: Melina Melissinos, Danica Reed, Katie Flynn
***PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SUBSCRIBED TO THE GIRLS LACROSSE BLASTS THAT GO OUT WEEKLY.
Click on "notify me" in the upper right hand corner!
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 25:
Congrats to everyone who is part of this amazing lacrosse program at Briar Woods! This week we are at the field in Herndon with the bus leaving right after school, and returning after 7:00pm. Spirit wear flyer were given out on Friday evening. Please order by Thursday at midnight. If you have any issues about paying for the blue tshirt, please contact Coach Schnapp by Tuesday.
Remember that Pay-to-Play portal is open on the BWHS Athletics Page. You MUST pay before our first game.
Uniforms and locks will be handed out this week. Please mark down our Parent/Player/Coaches meeting on March 6th right after practice (7pm) in the auditorium where we look forward to meeting all of our wonderful families!
~2019 GIRLS LACROSSE TRYOUT INFORMATION~
Please take some time to think about why you are trying out and the commitment this means to the program.
TRANSPORTATION AND SCHEDULE:
• Please make sure ALL paperwork is turned in to Athletic Department. If the proper paperwork is not turned in you will not be able to stay for tryouts and will not have another day to make it up.
• EVERYONE will ride the bus TO and FROM the field for our tryouts. Please be in the bus loop at 4:15pm, dressed, ready to go! If you miss the bus you may not drive yourself.
• Lockers and locker rooms will NOT be available to lock up your belongings during tryouts so you must have everything with you and/or locked up in your hall locker or car.
Schedule for tryouts:
Day 1: Tuesday, February 19: 5-7pm, Word of Grace (13832 Redskin Dr, Herndon)
Day 2: Wednesday, February 20: 5-7pm Word of Grace
Day 3: Thursday, February 21: 5-7pm Word of Grace
Day 4: Friday, February 22: 5-7pm Word of Grace, cuts directly after back at school. Please bring a snack/food for you to eat while one-on-one meetings are held with the Coaching Staff.
• Please wear a reversible penny (dark on one side, light on the other- white is preferable) for the all days of tryouts on the outside of your athletic attire.
• You must have US Lacrosse specified goggles, mouthguard, and stick each day.
• Water is not provided. Each player should provide her OWN water and bottle. NO SHARING.
• Please use masking tape or a piece of paper on one side of your practice penny to write out your FIRST NAME, LAST INITIAL
• Remember that the sun will go down quickly and turn colder. If you are not dressed properly as the Coaching Staff instructs, you will be dismissed for the day. Good rule to stick to: Always have multiple options!
We will abide by County Policies:
-Must be in school by 9:30am to be eligible to tryout, and be in school the entire day. Please try and not schedule appointments to avoid having to get notes of excuse. If you must leave for an appointment, player MUST return to school with a note from doctor that details they are not restricted/cleared for the day.
-If the wind-chill or real feel is 21-32 degrees everyone must:
-Have ears, head, AND throat covered
-Must wear 2 layers of clothing with no extremity skin showing
-Gloves must be worn
-If the wind-chill or real feel is 20 degrees or below everyone must:
- Have ears, head, AND throat covered
-Must wear 3 layers of clothing with no extremity skin showing (1st layer closest to skin should be cold gear, 2nd layer wool/fleece to warm skin, 3rd layer wind/rain-proof jacket)
-Gloves must be worn
Please join us on Wednesday, February 6th at 7pm in the auditorium to celebrate AdalieShotton in signing to play women's lacrosse at Bridgewater!!!
Tryout Information as of 1/16/19: Tryouts will begin on Tuesday, February 19, 2019. Places and times are subject to change.
2/19- 5:00-7:00pm @ Word of Grace in Herndon (all participants MUST ride the bus TO and from) 2/20- 5:00-7:00pm @ Word of Grace in Herndon (all participants MUST ride the bus TO and from) 2/21- 5:00-7:00pm @ Word of Grace in Herndon (all participants MUST ride the bus TO and from) 2/22- 5:00-7:00pm @ Word of Grace in Herndon (all participants MUST ride the bus TO and from) Cuts will immediately follow, so bring a snack while you wait.
*Cuts will be made on either 2/22, but also dependent on the weather. You may only try out if you have ALL necessary paperwork turned in prior to tryouts. More information on what to wear and bring will be posted at a later date.
***ALL REMAINING SESSIONS FOR JANUARY ARE TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS.
Attention: December 14th pre-season session is canceled.
FIRST PRE-SEASON SESSION STARTS TOMORROW (11/13) at 7:30am in the weight room. All necessary paperwork MUST be turned in, in order to participate!
Pre-season conditioning has been announced! The dates are listed below.
To be eligible to participate:
You must have updated VHSL paperwork turned in to the main office- NO EXCEPTIONS.
Be on time and bring the appropriate attire. (Field days you must be dressed for the weather, bring your own stick, mouthguard, and goggles.) For weight room days, please bring your own water bottle and good workout shoes for indoors, and shower stuff if you choose to shower afterwards.
Understand that all workouts are progression-based, free of charge ($$$) for your convenience, and when you come regularly, the injury rate during the season drops. We want to the quickest, strongest, and fastest team out there this spring!
You will not be able to use the team locker rooms in the off-season so please make sure you have your own place to store your things.
Weight room days begin at 7:30am on the following dates: Nov: 13, 15, 27, 29 Dec: 4, 6, 11, 14, 18, 20 Jan: 3, 7, 9, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29, 31
Field days will be on the following dates from 4:15-5:30pm (weather pending) on the practice field behind the stadium:
*All Wednesdays we are in school from November 14- February 6